View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 04:10 PM   #2
jml

Immuno-support - accupuncture

Hang in there Eric & Caryn!
I'm so sorry about the news of new mets.
I have not used Doxil, but had battled liver mets since my primary dx in May '02. I had a single lesion, then after Herceptin/Navelbine failed, my disease progressed to "innumerable,immeasureable".
Taxol/Herceptin has been my magic combo, but also did RFA+chemo combo. Ultimately, I did have a liver resection-L lobe to rid my body of one last, stubborn lesion- in Dec '05.
I don't know what Caryn's disease/treatment history has been, but I know you will find the right combo for her! It's just a matter of trial & error - which is so frustrating & frightening, I know. My heart goes out to you both.
Anything we can do to help support or bolster our immune system while going through treatment is so important. Throughout my history, I've supplemented my "western" medical care w/accupuncture & supplements - no "special teas" or anything like that - just regular stuff like melatonin, CoQ10, Green Tea Extract, Resveratrol, etc)recommended by a traditional chinese medicine doctor...all geared to boost & support the immune system while on chemo.
I've managed 83 weeks of chemo to date, not including yrs of Herceptin solo & continued to tolerate treatment w/minimal side effects & maintained an active lifestyle.
While I don't have any experience w/Doxil, one of the wise, generous, compassionate folks from this site will be certain to post.
Hang in there & Keep the Faith.

Take good care~
jml is offline   Reply With Quote