View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 02:36 PM   #1
kacey

It's Been A Wild Ride!

After I got the all clear on the cancer I thought had returned....I died! Because of a medication I was taking (rare side effect) my heart stopped. I fell out the back screen door and down the steps, hitting whatever on the way. I broke my neck, back, collar bone( after separating it from my shoulder) and my ribs from CPR. My grandaughters were going to eat dinner with their family ( all decided not to go). So they raced each other home on their bikes and found me. They started screaming and my neigbor across the street who was just about to start his lawn mower came running. He was able to get my legs over my head and lay me out (he's 6ft 4 and I'm not a small woman) He gave me two rescue breaths as my daughter and son-in-law arrived and they started CPR. By God's miracles and grace I'm here- moving all my limbs- and my brain (with a few memories knocked out) is working. Thank goodness I remember nothing from a few hours before to the next day. After wearing a neck brace for 4 months all has healed and I may get this soft collar off next week. I pray that all of you have had success in your journey and are feeling better. I see I have a lot to read to get caught up. God Bless

Kacey
Groshong placed 10-13-05 and chemo started
TCH x6 and continue Herceptin for one year every 3 wks
Rads x 33 (at the end of chemo) finished 4-01-06
20 months NED
kacey is offline   Reply With Quote