View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 09:26 AM   #5
mts

Hmmm... A month ago I had posted to this board with similar symptoms. I was very concerned about having mets to the nodes in the supraclavicular area which are very near the thyroid lobes. I could palpate a lump just above and to the left of the "v" of my clavicle...
Anyway, I had a CT of the neck performed and nothing showed up in the area of concern. Although two tiny cyst like lesions were seen on the opposite side of the neck. It turns out that over 50% of the population (especially women) get little cysts on their thyroid over their lifetime (with most of them over age 40). I also have several small lipomas growing on opposite sides of my abdomen. The lump in my clavicle area is also a little lipoma. Totally benign.
Like you, I was very worried about the lump- I immediatley told my onc who ordered the CT.
Sheila, who posts regularly felt something in her neck that a needle biposy could not confirm. She then had a surgical biopsy which came back positive for mets. Not in the thyroid but in the nodes.
Having cancer makes us more aware of the little things that perhaps have been there all along- either way, there is nothing like peace of mind. Go get it checked out !

Maria
mts is offline   Reply With Quote