View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 04:35 PM   #79
dlaxague

we go where?

Brenda said:
Well, there you go.

Geeze, I've been trying to leave this alone (smile). But I'm not sure what you mean by that comment, because these guidelines repeat what I've been saying. Here's a link to the full text of the guidelines and for follow up after primary diagnosis, they are exactly the same as I've been mentioning all along (no benefit): http://jco.ascopubs.org/cgi/reprint/JCO.2007.14.2364v1

In addition, they say about the HER2 extracellular domain test (is that the same as the HER2 serum test, which I know NOTHING about and have no opinion on, please do not blame me for ASCO's opinion) again, the formatting's weird when I copy/paste:

Utility of circulating extracellular domain
of HER-2
Measuring circulating extracellular domain of HER2 is not currently
recommended for any clinical setting. There is no change from the

guideline published in 2000

Debbie again - Brenda, Gina, FOB and others - are you going to SABCS this year? I'd like for us to meet, if you're willing. I suspect that we'll like each other better, in person. We all want the same things, after all - the best information there is available upon which to base a personal decision, and at least a basic understanding of that information for all women, right?

Debbie,
still wondering about the concept of zapping or surgically removing small organ mets as is done for those in the brain. Maybe a quick zap or procedure, and then some light chemo, herceptin, tykerb, or hormonal mop-up? Do you know if anyone's looked at that?
dlaxague is offline   Reply With Quote