View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 04:21 PM   #23
Mary Jo

Dear Susan,

First off I'd like to tell you I'm sorry you had to read something like that in your chart. It had to be devastating to read something so negative when all the ODDS ARE IN YOUR FAVOR. That being said, I too was told that my prognosis was poor BUT not because my surgeon didn't feel I had a good chance of beating this disease.

When my pathology report was read to me by my surgeon it was stated in there as well "prognosis poor." When my surgeon read that part to me, I also, was shocked and asked her "why does it say that?" She went on to explain that whenever a tumor is graded a 3/poor differentiated cells and strong her2 neu positive (also I had 1 node with one microscopic cell of invasion) the prognosis is "poor."

But..............and that's a HUGE BUT.............that's only medical terminology. That's before herceptin came into play........... THAT IS NOT US.

I hope that helps lift your spirit a bit. You are going to do fine. Your attitude is awesome and SO IS YOUR PROGNOSIS. Keep up the good work and get that positive attitude back. You WILL KICK CANCER'S BUTT.

Love & hugs,

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06