View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 01:01 PM   #22
Lien

Dear Susan,

I don't know what your doctor was thinking. What's a poor prognosis? Compared to what?
Your stats are about the same as mine, and I have about 80% chance of reaching 10 years without relapse. I didn't get Herceptin, so maybe your odds are even better than that. Lots of people with BC would walk to Paris on barefoot for such a prognosis. Don't let his remarks discourage you. Maybe he just looked at the fact that you are Her2 pos and ER/PR neg.

I echo what others have said: get yourself a second opinion and/or another doctor. You have enough on your plate. You don't need someone who discourages you. Even if your odds were not as good, what good would it do to sit and fret? You need to feel ok about yourself, to enjoy life as it is now, you need to feel trust & hope. You deserve to feel good.

Just my 2 cents.

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote