View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 06:37 AM   #6
caya

Hi Sherry,

I have always been on the every 3 week schedule of Herceptin - I've had 7 infusions. The first one was the loading dose, given over 90 minutes. Then they switched me to 30 minutes, and I was very nauseous, headachey, very tired. Some of the women suggested slowing down the infustion to 60 or 90 minutes, my onc. and the onc. pharmacist agreed to try - what a difference for me. I now do a 60 minute infusion every 3 weeks. I still am a bit tired for the first 3 -4 days after the infusion, but nothing I can't live with.
Also for me the joint aches have calmed down considerably - but for me I think these aches were also impacted by starting Tamoxifen one month after starting Herceptin - my poor body was hit with a double whammy. I took a lot of Naproxen for a number of weeks, but now I hardly every do.
I would try the 3 week cycle for a couple of more times, as Becky and Kriss said, you can always go back to the 1 week schedule.

all the best
caya
MRM Dec.18/06
3 x FEC, 3 x Taxotere
Herceptin - every 3 weeks for a year, finished May 8/08

Tamoxifen - 2 1/2 years
Femara - Jan. 1, 2010 - July 18, 2012
BRCA1/BRCA2 Negative
Dignosed 10/16/06, age 48 , premenopausal
Mild lymphedema diagnosed June 2009 - breast surgeon and lymph. therapist think it's completely reversible - hope so.
Reclast infusion January 2012
Oopherectomy October 2013
15 Years NED!!
caya is offline   Reply With Quote