View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 10:20 AM   #119
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Cool Our Little One Brings Huge Joy...

Tip loves palm fronds. Leaves of any kind. She went near my little red pepper plant and I told her not to nibble. Hot red peppers can't be good for her. She sweetly just sniffed and admired its fabulous color!

This half moon table represents my MEDITATION SPACE. Pictures of my children and my children's children abound, along w/a healing candle (purple = healing) from a friend that I refuse to burn and need to SAVE -- and Tiptoe, who joins me for my meditations. I soak up the energy of each person I hold closest to my heart. I sit on the little bench (it faces East, where the sun rises each day) and I go deep within and connect w/my Spirit, at my core. I emerge full of bliss and serenity and Empowerment!!! It's just a tiny space in a hallway outside my bedroom, but it's mine. Of course, I shared it with Tiptoe. Can you see her? She's really teeny...

Also, there's the pic of a miniature bottle of scotch that Tip found in my liquor stash. See Pinkie's little round green container with nuts for Tip that were included in her package? I gave Tipsy a small bowl to drink from. She finished the scotch and fell in! Then, we went to sleep...

The Pink One has sacrificed at least one costly ink jet to print out not only her pictures but mine, as I am incapable of scanning. (Our scanner is in its original box on the floor in Paul's office for several yrs now.) We all owe Pinkie eternal gratitude. Her generosity of Spirit is extraordinary. It can only be matched by her tenacity, cutting and scanning and whatever she does to magically make the pics appear on the web! We're both so proud of our TIPTOE. I know Marie and Ed will watch over her next. I have slated Monday as Journal day and will get it all together for mailing...and passing on...
Andi

'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote