View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 05:01 PM   #28
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Exclamation Relieved It Wasn't Appendix

Well hello Kelly! So glad to hear from you. And, don't be silly, we know you're no sissy. The kind of pain you described is not a trivial matter. Pain is alarming, in addition to hurting like hell. It is a sign something is very wrong. *We* on this board naturally go immediately to the worst case scenario. That's how we know we will survive -- catching bc before it progresses, in the nick of time, making it a matter of life vs *!#*^!! We've trained ourselves to be alert and in tune w/ev single change in our bodies, and we try to do it without obsessing, which is a neat trick, as we all know. And we all seem to feel, IN OUR MEDICAL OPINION, that this is not ca...

I was just hoping it wasn't appendix, as I have a friend who had the same urgent excruciating pain as you described and went to the doc and was insistent that they keep looking cause she knew this was serious. She is not a complainer. When they decided that it was appendix and immediately did the surgery they said it was a good thing because it was about to burst and become life threatening. She had refused to leave the doc's office (top doc of course) because her Inner Voice told her not to budge. So I wanted to be sure, Kelly, that yours wasn't a similar situation. That happened a 100 yrs ago but I have filed the info away in my brain.

Gall bladder is also severely painful. Though I never experienced that. I did have a kidney stone that sent me to the floor unable to move, after vomiting my guts up and feel sicker than I ever imagined possible. But the pain was in the back, in my kidney area, so I assumed your pain was different -- under the ribs in the front.

Any way thank you so much for relieving our anxiety as we have all been with you all day. Our thoughts and our hearts are still with you. Is hubby coming home soon? Waiting to hear sono results. With loving, healing, soothing energy,
Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote