Thread: new to BC
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 09:51 PM   #25
Cristina19

By the way, my head does get a little chilly now that I'm stubbly. I've ordered some different kinds of head coverings from the TLC catalogue that's put out by the American Cancer Society but my favorite knit berets I just bought at Target. Seeing as they're a big corporate place, they might have the same caps in your part of the country. They are lightweight; I will definitely need something warmer as the weather cools. Tonight, I pulled out a polartec cap that I bought when I went to the snow in January.

Most anything without seams (or, at least, soft seams) will work okay for sleeping. I also cut the elastic on some of the soft caps I bought because they were just tight enough to press my ears uncomfortably.

When I sheared my hair off, I left it stubbly. I didn't want to be shiny bald. The down side of this was that the stubble against my pillow hurt. Any man who has tried to sleep with a short beard or who hasn't shaved in a day or two will tell you that it hurts. Now I know what they are talking about.

My hair was falling and thinning so much (about three to four weeks after my first treatment) that I couldn't even get away with a short "pixie" cut. I started to look like a monk. The weird thing is that it seems to have kind of stopped falling and even the stubble has grown a little bit.

As the teenagers say: Whatever!

Best,
Cristina
Cristina19 is offline   Reply With Quote