View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 11:05 AM   #1
janet/FL

Hair going, going--it better not be gone!

As anyone had this hair problem?
I was on Taxotere and Herceptin two years ago. Ended Herceptin a year ago July. Didn't have AC so never lost my hair completely. Slowly my hair feel out. Then it sloooowly grew back in and at first I looked like a standard French poodle! Tight curls that grew out to more tight curls. Then finally, it unloosened up. And softened up. I had lots of hair and didn't have to do anything to it but wash it and scrunch it up. I could wear it with or with out blow drying. In fact, my air was getting so easy to take care of, and alway looked good. I thought that at least I had gotten something good from having cancer. My hair had been thin and limp before falling out, then it grew in so thick and easy to style --boy, was that really welcome.
So, WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO MY HAIR??? WHO STOLE IT!!!
I the past few days it has been coming out faster than it did on chemo. I am back down to less hair than when I started, probably less, and I didn't have a lot then. I am not going to go around bald. I definitely looked terrible bald. (I didn't shave my head, had the male pattern baldness and then real patchy hair that I thought was OK under a hat.)
So, has anyone else had this? I sure hope it stops falling out now.
And to think I thought maybe chemo wasn't so bad now that I had such nice thick hair. :-(
Lumpectomy 12/2004
Stage 1, 9mm DCIS, grade 2, Her2+++, ER/PR negative
Refused A/C as recommened by two oncs.
35 treatments of radiation that ended March 4, 2005
Changed oncologists and began
Taxotere/Herceptin August 2005. Finished Herceptin July 2006
janet/FL is offline   Reply With Quote