View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 07:08 AM   #1
Kathy Boyce

Tykerd/Xeloda Results/Side Effects

Hi everyone, I'm a new poster, and I am just about 1 month in on the Tykerd (5 a day) and Xeloda (4 in the morning and 3 evening)14 days on-7days off. I am happy to report my tumor markers were down 3 points after just 3 weeks (156 to 153). The cough is just about gone. So far I am finding this Tx very easy on me. Hardly any side effects. I had a little face rash starting at 2 weeks, but since has let up. The only thing I have now (actually had it over a week now) is a big ole lip sore. I'm not sure if it's the chemo or not, but I've never had a cold sore this big or last this long before. Has anyone else on any of these drugs had problems with cold sores? The only other thing I noticed is my eyes are on the dry side.
So far hands and feet are fine, and no diarrea. I would love to hear from anyone who is on this combo, and hear about results and side effects.

I'm in hope this combo continues to be this easy and works for a VERY LONG TIME.

I was Dx in 2003 with Lymphangetic Lung mets. I got almost 3 years with Herceptin/Navelbine.....Hormonals didn't work for me. I was on monthly Faslodex shot from Jan. 07-Sept 07, It kept my markers level, and then in Sept. they jumped 50 points. So time to start a new.....Tykerb/Xeloda.
Kathy Boyce
Kathy Boyce is offline   Reply With Quote