Thread: neck nodes?
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 11:40 AM   #6
swanky

Hi Patricia - I agree with the other ladies: err on the side of caution and get it checked out. My recurrence in the supraclavicle node was on my cancer side and was initially missed by my onc. Then after his exam I said I could feel something in there if I turned my neck a certain way...so he went back and found the tiny lump, ordered PET/CT scan right away. Then during a 4 week time frame (waiting for genetic tests results for tx purposes) it grew to where it was a VISIBLE lump above my collar bone.

Maybe the fact that your's isn't growing is good? Scan it for sure. Don't know about the back of neck tho...

PM me if you have any other questions! Good luck,

Leea
-Bi lat 1/18/07, multiple foci of IDC admixed with DCIS, IDC varied from 0.1, 0.5, and up to 1.6 cm, 1/19 + nodes
Expanders in place
Pregnant when dx
Mom to 4 beautiful kiddos (boys: 5 and 14 mos, girls: 17 and 3)

Recurrence in neck lymph node and 8mm spot in L breast above expander, herceptin stopped
BRCA 1 positive
Clinical trial since 7/23/07 (PARP INHIBITOR)-NED for 9 months, supraclavicle node popped back up,..so we cut it out! Full neck dissection - only 1 positive node ER/PR negative and now HER2 negative
Currently on Xeloda and NED
swanky is offline   Reply With Quote