View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 06:38 PM   #1
Mary Jo

Just mentioning..............

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to mention that I will be having a colonoscopy on October 17th and an abdominal CT with contrast dye on October 3rd. I know I have mentioned here in the past that I had some upper left side discomfort in the past. This ache or discomfort started while going through chemo in October of '05 and has been off and on since then. More off than on but still "on" all the same. I've also had some bowel changes which I attribute to the way I eat today - cod liver oil etc. I have been experiencing some bloating and "ovary" pain as well and did first see my GYN about that. He did a thorough exam. A pelvic exam by himself, a transvaginal ultrasound which looked beautiful and he ordered a CA125 and that too was very low...... a 4 to be exact. He checked my menopausal status and the test says I'm still producting plenty of estrogen (at least at that days blood draw I was) but no progesterone which he says means that my ovaries are not releasing the egg, hence the abdominal discomfort/bloating and ovary pain. So, after all that checked out well I decided I should also see a GI and make sure the whole colon area is ok since the bowel issues/upper left side discomfort still exists with me. It took A LOT to make that phone call but I did it and finally got in to see Dr. Vanketason at Froedtert.

The appointment went well - the exam went well and the next step was ordering a colonoscopy and then she decided she wanted a abdominal CT with contrast dye as well. I'm happy I will be having these tests and my body will be thoroughly checked out BUT I am a bit nervous about the abdominal CT. We ALL know plenty of "sisters" who have had the CT done and those darn old liver mets are found with no symptoms to be heard of. I don't want this to me, naturally. Honestly, I don't feel as if "trouble" will be found BUT of course, one never knows. I do feel amazingly at peace with the whole situation and have the mentality that "what will be will be" and truly do believe that. I know that whatever happens I will handle it.

I guess I wanted to mention it to my "sisters" here on the board as I know each and every one of you understand the dreaded test game. You all understand that when we "sisters" have a test of any kind it could only mean one thing - cancer when it all actuality, it often times has nothing to do with cancer at all.

So, I will keep you posted as the results unfold.

May God's Peace surround each of you,

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06