View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 07:35 AM   #11
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Exclamation My Just In Case Plan...

I have sent an email to my husband and two daughters:

I intend to live to be at least 100. However...
I know this sounds silly, but it has come up on the HER2 site I am addicted to. We all post frequently and when a *Sister* disappears for a while from the landscape we worry. Some have vanished, though we keep posting and even sending emails. We each have one another's email address. Some have my home phone #. Like Marie who's husband Ed (in R.I.) has bc and is HER2+.

We have decided to ask our loved ones -- in case we get hit by a bus GOD FORBID A HUNDRED MILLION TIMES -- to post for us on the Herceptin site, so our comrades will know what is happening. If I were in the midst of a medical emergency, they are a fund of information on all things relating to breast cancer and beyond. They have advice, links, doctors names and #s, little known treatments and magic bullets for everything. I love them all and feel so connected to them. They are my fellow Warriors.

http://www.her2support.org/ -- is the site. Member name is listed as ANDREA BARNETT BUDIN. My Password is ******. You could post under my name and picture. People would recognize the post right off.

START A NEW THREAD titled UPDATE or something and leave whatever you feel appropriate for my Sisters to read. It will appear on the MESSAGE BOARD for the HER2 group, listed about 2 down from the top. These ladies have been supporting me for years and are full of wisdom, caring, strength and courage. They are all bc patients, of varying stages, all HER2+. They have all been through hell and have chosen to see their struggle and suffering as an opportunity to transform themselves, to heal themselves and to help people who find themselves in a similarly tragic situation. They're all SHEROES in my book.

JOE, at HER2 SUPPORT.ORG is the Webmaster. He and his wife Christine started this site when she was dx 8 yrs ago. You could contact him if need be.

I thank you for this... Andi Mom eternally...

This is what I did, just in case. Something to think about. I also have told them that I have HERCEPTIN under FAVORITES on my screen to get to the site.

<HR style="MARGIN-TOP: 10px">
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote