View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 12:30 PM   #63
Cristina19

Hello Ladies,

A short message here as I am in Day 2 after tx 2.

Week 1 after treatment was "typical"; week 2, I was plagued by nasty acid reflux (now on Nexium); and week 3, had splitting headaches almost all week (partly due to that glorious period during the month...).

Went to tx 2 expecting it to be uneventful as was the first one and had a reaction to the Taxotere. Thank God my mom was in the room to run and get the nurse and thank God I pinched off the IV line to stop the meds. It seemed like an allergic reaction, the nurse just called it a "side effect": felt it first in the stomach, then chest, then felt like I was going to faint. Face was lobster red and I got a few red spots on my tummy (like hives) that went away within an hour. By vitals were high but still within normal range. Ugg.

More Benadryl and cortisone and they started me up again. Ugg, again.

After effects seem lessened this time round, but it's still early before the proverbial "3rd day after chemo." My oncologist lowered my dose of Neulasta by half to ease the flu-like aches and is tapering me off of the Decadron more gradually to ease the shaky feeling.

Hair started shedding in greater abundance in Week 3 after tx 1 so my lady-barber cut it into a pixie-cut that is thin on top but looks fine for now (maybe only a few days...) and when I put on my glasses at night, I look a little like Harry Potter!

xoxo,
Cristina
Cristina19 is offline   Reply With Quote