View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 12:43 PM   #1
Sherryg683

Been thrown a curve ball

I went in today to get the results of my latest PET/CT scan, thank God, I am still NED. The thing is my Oncologist looked at me and said "are we ready to quit this yet?", meaning my Herceptin that I take weekly. I asked him why, and he said that I've been on it a VERY LONG TIME (almost 2 years). I told him that I wanted to live a VERY LONG TIME. He said that we would continue it until January and then we'd stop it. I said "no", we might go to getting it every 3 weeks but I don't want to stop it. I then told him how some of the gals on my cancer board have been on it for over 5 years to stay NED. He said that the ruling was still out on whether it is beneficial and he knows I've done all the reading, so we'll discuss it more then. I know he'll do whatever I want, I guess he figure I'm just getting mentally tired of it, which I'm not if it keeps me alive. For you other stage IV girls that have been on it along time, does your insurance keep paying for it. Mine has given me no problems yet, didn't figure they would but then who knows? sherryg

Diagnosed: December , 2005 at age 44
13+ positive lymph nodes
Stage IV , Her2+, 2 small mets to lungsChemo Started: Jan, 2006
4 months Taxotere, Xeloda, Hercepin
NED since April 2006!!
36 Rads to follow with weekly Herceptin indefinately
8 years NED now
Scans every year

Life is not about avoiding the thunderstorms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote