View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 07:10 PM   #14
ExpectAMiracle

Smile Hair today gone tomorrow!

My hair started coming out quite a bit between the 2nd and 3rd treatments of TCH. I had my head shaved by the wonderful woman that I had "proactively" bought my wig from. I just couldn't stand to see if come out like that. I thought I would keep the thin covering of hair left after the buzz, but eventually I looked like a light bulb. Just about ALL my hair came out. Strangely enough, my eyebrows and eyelashes fell out AFTER I finished chemo and my hair had started growing on my head. Almost three months after finishing chemo, I have about 1/2 inch of hair all over my head. It feels like baby hair and is darker than my hair was. But I am thankful to see it coming back. I'm still wearing my wig whenever I go out. My eyebrows returned quickly. My eyelashes are growing in pretty good now. Thye were gone about 2-3 weeks I guess.

My first two rounds of chemo were pretty symptom free. I was a little "woozy" and weak, but little to no nausea and etc. The last two (I had 4 total), I very very nauseated days 3,4 and 5 after chemo, but fine after that. I think everyone responds differently. I'm sure the chemo si doing its thing. Just be thankful to have hair!

God bless you!

Determined to be a VICTOR not VICTIM - by the grace of God!
DX 2/8/07 at 48
1.75 cm IDC in left breast, Stage 1
Grade 3, ER-/PR-/HER 3+
Lumpectomy 3/7/07, 5/5 nodes clear, clear margins
Starting TCH on 4/9/07, every 3 weeks X 4 treatments - Completed on 6/12/2007
33 rads to began 7/2/07 and completed on 8/22/07
Herceptin every 3 weeks until April '08
ExpectAMiracle is offline   Reply With Quote