View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 05:43 AM   #4
Barbara H.

Smile Trial

I am waiting for one small test to allow me to take part in this trial. This is the trial I wasn't able to begin this past summer because of the low muga scan. Then after my muga increased the trial closed You also have to be off all treatment for four weeks. I have therefore been off all treatment since June. This has been painful for me because my cancer has continued to progress in the bones. Herceptin alone actually worked for me in the beginning. The breast cancer was in my lymph nodes, liver and lungs and a few infusions brought me to NED. Unfortunately, in February 06 it was detected in the bones. At this point, I am scheduled to receive my first infusion of this drug next Thursday. It must be quite tolerable because the oncologist said I should feel well enough to give my speech to my classroom parents at Curriculum Night later that evening. The tolerance of this drug certainly sounds better than what I have been reading about Tykerb on this forum. I was waiting until I received the official word of being in the trial to post this information, but with Joe's post decided not to wait. Of course, I will let everyone know how I tolerate this drug and what kind of response I receive from it.
Best regards,
Barbara H.
Barbara H. is offline   Reply With Quote