Thread: Am I Obsessed?
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 11:09 AM   #10
DonnaD

Hi Joanne,
I just wanted to say Hi and welcome. This is a wonderful site and you now have many "sisters". You are not obessed. We have all felt exactly how you are feeling. My worst time came when chemo and radiation were over when I wasn't actively fighting this beast. I am so grateful for Herceptin and the fight goes on! I too have aches and pains and I worry it is a sign of a reoccurance. When those times come I must remind myself to get on with life and concentrate on the many blessings in my world.

Some hints that have helped me. Exercise helps me feel better, and it does not have to be a huge chunk of time each day. The hospital you are getting treatment from probably has services available for you to talk with someone. I actually found a sister from this site with the same diagnose and she walked me through chemo. I will always be grateful to SherryS and how she came into my life just when I needed her. If you feel drawn to someone and need help send them a private message.

I love this site and all the gals here, but like Kelly I can't be here all the time. Especailly at night before I go to bed. I get so concerned about everyone I can't sleep. Remember there are many that have been to this site are NED and are on with their lives. We often don't hear the good reports which we so desperately need.

It will get better. I hope I have one day where I don't think of cancer once, but so far that has not happened. But I look back on the last year and I know I have grown and feel much better about this journey. You will also.

Good luck sister and I will say a special prayer for you.
Donna
Lumpectomy 8/30/06
Stage llA, grade 3, ER/PR-, Her2++
1.7 cm tumor, 1+ lymph node out of 9
Completed 4 A/C, & 4 Taxol with Herceptin
36 rads completed 5/16/07
Mammograms, 7/07 clear
fractured ribs in radiated area 10/07
Finished Herceptin 12/27/07
Mammogram,CT,tumor markers 1/08 - small lung nodules in radiated area, repeated tests 3/08 stable
Mammogram,CT ,tumor markers 6/08 stable
NED 2 years!!
3 years !!!
4years!!!!
4 years, 10 months and 8 day NED, calling it 5 years!!!
Official 5 years 8/30/2011
8/31/ 2012 - 6 years!!!!!!
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote