View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 10:03 PM   #11
Lani

Marcia

Congratulations and keep up the good work!'

Out of curiosity, have any other of your family members with breast cancer tested her2+, have any others been treated with herceptin? How long after initial diagnosis did their cancer recur (if and when it did) and , without being insensitive, of those who died, how long did they survive after recurrence/metastasis? Since her2 has only been tested for relatively recently, the average time to recurrence and average survival after recurrence give some
inkling as to whether it might have been her2+ bc. The reason I ask is they have discovered a new gene tied to her2 called FOXP3 (don't remember if you responded to my post on that or my other post on familial bc)which is X-linked so that only a single copy of the gene is required in order to result in breast cancer. Researchers don't seem to interested in it yet, as they don't know of enought familial bc
to "warrant a study"(how many should it take?)

I ave previously posted asking those on the board if her2 bd might run in their family. Perhaps I should post again (I think many threads remain lost after the technical difficulties we had earlier this year)

Congratulations again and thanks in advance for any info. I am sure there are those with daughters who would appreciate a test to determine if they have passed this on should this pan out.
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote