View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 04:08 PM   #5
Cristina19

Bonnie,

Greetings! I have been wondering how you did with Round 3. I've heard from some that 1 and 2 were "easy" and #3 hit them harder. Is any of this predictable?

As for hair loss, I keep tip-toeing around my hair, trying to brush it gently, expecting it to fall out en masse at any minute. In fact--and I've only had one infusion--I haven't had any more hair loss than normal in the shower. My scalp was very tender right after the infusion and is getting less-so now, 11 days out.

My barber (yes, I go to a lady barber!) insists that one of her clients used Nioxin shampoo (one of those shee-shee salon shampoos) with menthol in it and didn't lose her hair during chemo. I'm skeptical, and, anyway, since I'm avoiding any cosmetics with petroleum-derived ingredients, I'm not willing to try it. I use an organic shampoo and conditioner with peppermint and let it sit on my scalp so the mint and oils can soak in. Who knows if it helps? At least it feels good and my hair doesn't look totally chemo-fried during the day.

C.

P.S., ...I still have that "background" sick feeling most of the time.
Cristina19 is offline   Reply With Quote