View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 10:45 AM   #3
rentrac

Same thing happened to me. I was down to white wisps as the dark hair fell out, so I gave up and shaved it. White kept on growing but it was a while longer before the dark came back in. Result: Gorgeous white silky hair with a dark undercoat. The best hairdresser couldn't have reprodued it, and I wish I could (minus the Taxol). BTW, Taxol doesn't always cause total hair loss, but it's still working. Depending on your combo, and your unique qualities, you may or may not lose much body hair. With AC and Taxotere 2 months later, I lost all my head and body hair, but not my lashes and brows. With Taxol, Herceptin and Carboplatin, I got the stuff I just described, but lost my brows and all but 5 eyelashes. Wierd! The best thing about losing hair (besides it being cooler with hot flashes and it doesn't take much time to style after a shower) is that I can blame the rest of the family for hair left in the shower, cause it sure wasn't me!
Warmly,
Rentrac
Oct. 2003: Dx age 48, Stage IIIA Ductal Ca. dense dose neoadjuvent AC. BrCa 1&2 -, ER+, PR-, Her2+. 2004: R mastectomy, 3+ nodes, dense doseTaxotere ( allergic), total hysterectomy, radiationx36 . Tamoxifen x6 mo., Arimidex x9 mo. Jan. '06: Multi left metastatic nodes left neck. Stage IV. Taxol, Carboplatin (allergic to both), Herceptin, radiationx27. Herceptin cont'd. 1 mediastinal met in old rad field. April: 2 brain mets - Rcerebellar, Ltemporal lobe. Gammaknife. Stop Herceptin, Start Tykerb. May: CyberKnife-mediastinal node, Zometa restart. July: New RLung mets. Xeloda add. Jan. 2008: CT: Lung mets shrinking. Fatty liver w/increased liver function panel. Feb '08: MRI: brain mets back, 2nd GammaKnife. June: Migraine headaches from cerebellar tumor. Team for WBR - Choose Craniotomy on Cerebellum only. Aug: Crainiotomy successful. Sept: PET -right lung apex clean; left internal mammary artery appears malignant. Herceptin in future. Left mastectomy?
rentrac is offline   Reply With Quote