Thread: Joy Column
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 09:51 PM   #113
madubois63

My total joy today was a trip in to Manhattan with my girlfriend Linda. She is a five time cancer survivor (uterine and stomach). we had a carriage ride through Central Park, went to the zoo, saw a wedding at St. Patrick's Cathedral, went to a street fair that was at least a mile long, stolled and ate in Greenich Village and best of all shopped at Jimmy Choo's. Linda has money and loves to spend it. She insisted on buying me a pair of shoes. I actually now own a pair of the most amazing shoes ever. I could pay most of my monthly bills for what they cost. I protested for about a half hour as the shoes were on my feet. I know her well enough to know that I was getting the shoes whether I picked them out or not...so I picked the most pratical pair with a lower heal and in black because they go with everything. I know this is not the place to joke like this, but I want to be buried in these shoes! I am sleeping in them tonight! I feel absolutely guilty about accepting them, but secretly I am in my glory. Now mind you, I walked in to the store in my walmart platform shoes and holding my Target pocketbook...LOL! Linda, on the other hand, looks and dresses like a Barbie doll. She only wears high heals. She bought the MOST AMAZINGLY SEXY shoes I have ever seen. Her shoes cost about $100 more than mine...
Adriomycin Cytoxin Taxol
Tamoxifen 4 1/2 yrs
Radiation - 32 x
Metastatic BC lung/liver 10/04
thorocentesis 2x - pleurodesis
Herceptin Taxatiere Carbo
Femera/Lupron
BC NED 4/05
chemo induced Acute Myeloid Leukemia 5/06
Induction/consolidation chemo
bone marrow transplant - 11/3/06
Severe Host vs Graft Disease of liver