View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 06:07 PM   #1
kcherub

Talking 6th Round w/o Taxotere

Good evening! Well, I went to the oncologist's today, expecting to just get Herceptin, but ended up doing Herceptin and Carboplatin. No Taxotere--since that seemed to be the culprit for the nasty neuropathy and it was the drug that necessitated the use of steriods. It took about 3 hours or so...

I had an Emend and Ativan via infusion (to go along with the Ativan I had already taken), so I was feeling "loopy" all afternoon. We were able to go to my store for an hour or so for some light work. I think I felt queasy, but it was most likely from the Ativan and not the Herceptin or Carboplatin. I came home, took a little nap, had a light dinner, and am now writing to you lovely ladies! We shall see how the next few days go.

So, I did get a 6th round, albeit only 85% of my protocol, but I am officially DONE with chemo!!!

Thanks so much to all of you who posted to me when I was freaking out after my last round.

Take care,
ER/PR 90%+ HER2 +
6 TCH started 5/25/2007, ended after #5 due to steroid "reactions" and neuropathy in feet and hands
BUT--#6 CH w/o Taxotere
Begin Herceptin alone 9/28/2007
30 rads completed 12/19/2007
Finish Herceptin 5/9/2008
Stopped Tamoxifen early--HATED it.
Married 17 years
13-year old son
3 embies on ice (from 1999)
GA, USA

kcherub is offline   Reply With Quote