Thread: Cost of Tykerb
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 05:57 AM   #2
Joy

not too mention...

coffee mugs with stomachs on them, model trucks with prevacid ads, beach towels with 'kytril' on it, pens, magnets, paper, mouse pads, stress balls, water bottles, socks-yes, socks and all the other schwag that they 'give' away that becomes landfill waste in addition to the waste of money.

When I polled friends about my initial $2800 co - pay for tyk/xel they said no way could they pay it or if they did they would not have a house or food. And my friend said, "So they come up with these wonderful compounds that can save lives, but no one can buy them to take them." Which makes me wonder when the whole industry will collapse on itself.

And yet, these drugs are saving my life and that is big, like it is for all of us fighting so hard putting up with side effects and stress. And I do feel that companies prey a bit on our desperate attempts to stay alive.

just ranting with ya sister!

dx stage I 2/2000*er/pr+; her- per IHC*lumpectomy*4 rounds A/C*30 rads*tamoxifen*dx stage 4 5/2002*huge mets to liver*tiny mets to lungs*stopped tamoxifen*5/02 taxotere/xeloda*her 2 checked with FiSH-her2+++herceptin *2/03 stopped chemo femara w/herceptin*zolodex*04 switched to aromasin w/herceptin*05 high estrogen tx*11/05taxol/carbo*7/06 stopped chemo; megace/herceptin*9/06navelbine/herceptin*5/07tykerb/xeloda great response*4/08 progression in liver; ooph/ faslodex /herceptin
6/08 began Herceptin DM-1
9/08 progression
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote