View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 11:02 AM   #29
Lolly

Wow, I'm awed by all the good thoughts and advice. You are all the best, and have given me a much needed boost!

Here's to zapping those BAD MONKEYS!

I actually HAVEN'T done much research this time (I do trust my awsome onc, and not having a lot of energy zapped my normally curious mind), but did come across several articles that indicate, as PattyZ says, that this combo is effective when others have failed. I'm banking on it!

I've got two friends here who are HER2+; one has Inflammatory BC and has had Taxotere/Herceptin in the past with a good response. Another has lung mets and hasn't had Taxotere yet, only Navelbine with Herceptin, and is currently almost NED and stable on just Herceptin. I know of several others in our smallish town (population 50K+) who are HER2+ and had Herceptin as adjuvant therapy and as far as I know haven't recurred. I've printed out leaflets that I downloaded from this site and left them at our treatment center with all the other cancer-related brochures, so for all I know some of these women may be aware of this group, sure hope so!

Thanks again all, I really appreciate it. Off to my CT scan.

<3 Lolly
Sept.'99 - Dx.Stage IIIB, IDC ER/PR-, HER2+++ by IHC, confirmed '04 by FISH. Left MRM, AC x's 4, Taxol x's 4, 33 Rads, finishing Tx May 2000. Jan.'01 - local/regional recurrence, Stage IV. Herceptin/Navelbine weekly till NED August 2001, then maintenance Herceptin. Right Mast. April 2002. Local/Regional recurrence April '04, Herceptin plus/minus chemo until May '07. Gemzar added from Feb.'07-April '07; Tykerb/Abraxane until August '07, back on Herceptin plus Taxotere and Xeloda Sept. '07. Stopped T/X Nov. '07, stopped Herceptin Dec. '07, started Avastin/Taxol/Carboplatin Dec. '07. Progression in chest skin, stopped TAC March '03, started radiation.

Herceptin has served as the "Backbone" of my treatment strategy for over 6 years, giving me great quality of life. In 2005, I was privileged to participate in the University of Washington/Seattle HER2 Vaccine Trial.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote