View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 05:57 AM   #25
madubois63

Dear Lolly - It is always good to see your picture, but I am sorry about the progression. I will pray to St. Padre Pio for you. He is the Patron Saint of incurable diseases. He has always been there for me. I am Greek Orthodox and did not grow up in a religious household, but St. Pio found me. I've known an elderly man in passing through friends. One day we had a long conversation that somehow came to how the man had actually picked up St. Pio and given him a ride. St. Pio placed his hand on my friend and told him it would be alright. Never meeting this guy and not having told him about his cancer, Tony thought this very odd. He dropped him off and then he was gone. When Tony came home, his daughter gave him a prayer card with a picture of the man on it. He freaked out. His tumor shrank to nothing just prior to scheduled surgery that he no longer needed! True story - his family and doctor swear to this. When I got sick again, a little box came in the mail. I opened it to find a beautiful statue of St. Pio. He has traveled to Buffalo with me and sits next to my bed now. I have felt his presence and find comfort knowing I have my own personal saint looking out for me. I hope he does for you what he has done for me, and I hope the new treatment works wonders!!!! We all love you Lolly!!!
Adriomycin Cytoxin Taxol
Tamoxifen 4 1/2 yrs
Radiation - 32 x
Metastatic BC lung/liver 10/04
thorocentesis 2x - pleurodesis
Herceptin Taxatiere Carbo
Femera/Lupron
BC NED 4/05
chemo induced Acute Myeloid Leukemia 5/06
Induction/consolidation chemo
bone marrow transplant - 11/3/06
Severe Host vs Graft Disease of liver