View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 12:25 PM   #9
ahooper

Magnet-be-gone

People will steal anything that is not nailed down. I'm glad that you are all proud of being survivors, and I respect it. Personally, any time I see a pink ribbon, it reminds me of this horrendous, deadly, body-invading THING that has scarred and disfigured me for life in more ways than one. My jaw automatically slams shut and my teeth start to grind.

Suppose some marketing whiz came up with "National Misscarriage Month", complete with colored ribbons you could wear year-round. How many women who have had that experience want to be constantly and publicly reminded of it in the mall, on cars, on TV, and via products in every store that claim in nebulous terms to "support the cause" (when maybe $1 of the $200 price is going to come obscure charity or campaign). Don't get me wrong; research and funding for this is a GREAT thing. But whenever I leave the house, I know I'll probably be reminded again, because I can't get away from those pink ribbons...

ER/PR+
HER2+++
Radiation x 33 10/04
Tamoxifen started 05/04.
2 reconstructive fat grafts
Herceptin from 10/05 to 10/06
Bone metastasis dx 06/07
Husband committed suicide 06/07
Radiation x 25 07/07
On Tykerb and Femara since 07/07
Still ticked off

Last edited by ahooper; 09-04-2007 at 03:14 PM.. Reason: spelling, etc.
ahooper is offline   Reply With Quote