Thread: Joy Column
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 11:46 PM   #106
Jean

Just returned from a shore vacation...

and as I walked on the beach in the sunshine or at night in the moonlight
I felt great joy and happiness. Last summer was difficult as I was having
chemo and my husband and son were so concerned about me. Last summer I was dragging through and making the best of it. What a difference this summer....how joyfull I am and how deeply I appreciate all the beauty that is around me. The joy of running into the ocean and feeling the waves hitting me. Prior to chemo I would walk into the ocean
and move slow depending on the temperature. Now I just run in and enjoy it. I used to look for the perfect shells on the beach. Now I find joy in picking up odd shapes - even broken shells. We collected a batch of shells to take back to the house to paint designs on them. One oblong
ribbled shaped shell was transformed into a shark, another which was broken was to become a crab the broken section making perfect
claws. I was just bursting with joy as my husband, son and his girlfriend
also sat with me and we all painted on the odd shaped shells. What a great collection, as the shells were outside drying on the deck neighboring
kids passing began looking at them and it gave us additional joy to share some of them with the children. As I walked on the shore I thought of my Her2 sisters and said a prayer for all to have joy and peace also.

Jean
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo
Started Femara Sept. 2006