View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 10:47 AM   #30
tammymarie1971

I totally agree with Leslie!!! I watched the show and really thought that it didn't really do the whole cancer struggle justice. There is no doubt that Kris has talent and had her struggle.....but....... She didn't go through debilitating surgeries, chemo or radiation. I am not taking away the anxiety of waiting for the results of all her scans...we all know how tough that is, she was told that it was an extremely slow growing cancer which could lay dormant for a long time, but the show made it seem that it was her lifestyle change that halted the cancer...who is to say that she wouldn't of had the same results without all the 24/7 obsession with what went into and out of her body and really enjoyed mealtimes and going for dinner with friends and not feeling so isolated with the lifestyle changes.

Last year I went to Mexico for treatment. I was very strict with myself no white flour, no sugar, no carbonated drinks, no alcohol, no pork, no tomatoes and no vinegar I took at least 50 pills a day and a tonic (hoxsey) for 4 months...When I went back to Mexico after all this it showed my cancer grew!!!!!!!!!!!
I am not saying Mexico treatments don't work, I met people that were truly helped and I saw first hand miracles...But the amount of devotion it takes to follow very strict diet regulations is not my idea of living and enjoying life!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never felt so isolated or miserable then I did in those 4 months, I also have a husband and 4 children to cook for and it was just tough, I wish it wasn't so expensive to buy better quality food too.
I'm not sure what I am trying to say except that you can do everything right and die and do everything wrong an live...In the end we all die! No one is immortal!!!!!!

However I have to say that in just a short time I bring my baby to KINDERGARTEN!!!! I was pregnant with him when dx'd and after all the recurrences and so forth I did not think I would live to see this day!! I was scheduled for chemo on his first day!!! Hmmmmmmmm chemo or bringing my last baby to kindergarten...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. DUH!!!!!!!
Have a great day everyone and enjoy life don't be held prisoner to canser!!( I love the idea of mis-spelling the word)
I may need reminding me of the prisoner thing when I am having a bad day!!
Tammy
Dx'd Dec'01 while 6mos preg. with #4. child (30yrsold)Mastectomy/AC chemo/radiation/ Recur:Mar'04 liver mets: 3 taxol/herceptin /liver resection/3 taxol/herceptin. Cured?
Recur: May'05 spine & Hip. New onc
treatment in Mexico Feb'06-Mar-06
back to Mexico June/July '06
Currently on herceptin/Zometa/Femara-recently added navelbine
Switched to arimidex Nov'06
ovaries removed June '07
ca15-3 in May'06 was 102
ca15-3 summer of '07 holding steady at 23!
ca15-3 slowly rising Dec & Jan 36, 38, 41 and Feb was 36
Feb '08 Liver, lung & Brain scan NED... bones are stable with even a couple spots gone. as compared with '06 scans
May '08 ca 15-3 is 55. Treatment is zometa, vinorelbine, herceptin and aromasin.
No signifcant changes.
Feb'09 Started Xeloda with herceptin..no more hormonals
Feb'09-June'09 tumor markers coming down again from 155 to 84
May'09 blood clots in lungs vena cava filter put in..Heparin shots daily for now.
tammymarie1971 is offline   Reply With Quote