View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 08:24 PM   #7
Chelee

Chrisy, I haven't bruised it or slammed into anything lately. (Keyword is lately.) lol It is definitely the spine that hurts. I'd feel better if it was the muscles or joints & not bone pain. We did get a new couch and it does sit higher & I've also wondered if its because I am sitting different now? I sit with my laptop on the coffee table at times and kind of hunch over. Maybe its put stress on the bones? (I'm reaching for anything here...can you tell.) lol

Your question about the MRI is a good one. I wondered that myself? I thought she would say x-rays or bone scan. I'm not sure why she ordered a MRI? I usually have to FIGHT for a MRI...it was strange how quickly she suggested that. Maybe she was afraid since I *just* had a PET/CT in May the insurance company might give her a bad time? I haven't a clue. She probably made up something else to get the MRI ok'd. I just want the most accurate test to find out WHAT is causing this pain...it really is making me misrable. (I liked your comment about the nap.) lol I laughed...but that part is so true! Thanks Chrisy.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote