View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 07:24 PM   #1
Mary Jo

Cancerversary gifts to ourselves

After reading Becky's ideas about cancerversary gifts to ourselves I thought I'd post my foot with my pink ribbon tattoo on it. I did this for myself for my 2 year cancerversary. Actually, me and hubby went together to get tattoo's. He didn't get a pink ribbon though!! I love my tattoo and it always reminds me of how far I've come. How much stronger I am both emotionally and physically.

Yes, cancer is scary and NOT what we would have picked for ouselves at the time but I can honestly say, I wouldn't change a day of what I've went through. I've been taken down different paths - new doors have been opened to me and I am enjoying life more than ever. I love more now, than ever before and I'm happier now. I honestly thought I was happy before. Well, I was but I'm way happier now. I know that's hard to fathom possibly but I'm thinking many of you can relate to what I'm saying.

Anyway, I wanted to share my tattoo with my her2 friends. I love it. Soon I will remove my foot from my posts - but for a few days I'll leave it.

Hugs to all,

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06