View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 03:35 PM   #10
Sherryg683

My brother has had his melanoma return with a vengance in his liver and the prognosis is not good at all. When he calls or when I call him, we usually talk for about 3 hours. Most of it is about our common cancer and how no one really knows what it's like unless they're going through it. We talk about God and faith, sometimes about the fear of not having enough. We talk about cheerful things we did while growing up. A lot of the things he wants to talk about is repeated with every conversation but I still listen and act like I've never heard it before. I tell him out right that I don't know what to say or do to make it better for him, I can't. He's still very active and looks great and is not near to being in hospice but he knows what he is facing. As someone else said, I guess if my days were nearing end, I would want anyone who visited to bring me food, lots of good..fattening deserts and dishes that I have deprived myself of trying to keep my weight down. That probably sounds stupid but that's what I would want, that and uplifting coversation and also be let know that my children would be looked after and taken care of...sherryg683

Diagnosed: December , 2005 at age 44
13+ positive lymph nodes
Stage IV , Her2+, 2 small mets to lungsChemo Started: Jan, 2006
4 months Taxotere, Xeloda, Hercepin
NED since April 2006!!
36 Rads to follow with weekly Herceptin indefinately
8 years NED now
Scans every year

Life is not about avoiding the thunderstorms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote