View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 12:37 PM   #3
Chelee

Brenda, I would think herceptin is most likely to blame for the toe nail problem. It seems everyone I've heard from on herceptin has had problems with nail growth, weakness and splitting of nails.

On another note I can't understand why they aren't concerned about your port? I am glad they did the doppler to rule out possible clots but obviously there *is* a problem if they *can't* get a blood draw from your port. I don't know of any cancer center that doesn't remove a port like yours if it won't draw. One of the biggest reasons for a port besides having infusions is the ability to have all your lab work done from your port. Just for that reason alone I don't understand why they aren't removing it? It makes life so much easier for you AND your chemo nurses. Its better then getting poked all the time for your CBC's and CMP's. I think I might ask them why they aren't getting you a new one. And since your still having that swelling on the side of your neck I would want to rule out the port 100% as a problem by having it pulled. Process of elimination.

The headaches you mentioned are no doubt from herceptin...that *is* very common after herceptin infusion. I always got a headache. I was given two tylenol before herceptin and sometimes it helped. But the headache is pretty normal. Hang in there.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote