View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 12:55 AM   #10
Chelee

Its funny you should bring this up. I've always wondered about this myself. I know RIGHT BEFORE I was DX with bc this first time...my poodle was *always* licking my feet, ankles, arms. It drove me crazy! He never does that. He is NOT a licker...never has been. I remember even wondering at that time WHY all of a sudden he kept doing that. Then my mastiff would constantly come up and sniff my legs. I would tell her to quit it. That drove me nuts too! Both dogs never did this. Then shortly after I was DX with bc.

After I had my surgery they no longer did that...nor did they during chemo or after. But NOW I am scared to death. My poodle and mastiff have both taken up to doing those same things. They started it back up about a month or so ago. And its more worriesome to me because I have been OFF herceptin and my stupid onc still doesn't have me on an AI. I've had really bad upper back pain. Not just the back...my spine is KILLING me. Its been a consistent pain and it never goes away. Its got me really worried. So if I have my scans and God forbid *its* back...I'm going to know for sure my dogs know when somethings up. This is not their normal behavior at all. But for my sake...I hope they just REALLY like me & feel like showing me with lots of wet kisses and big whiffs. lol

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote