Thread: Just for fun...
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 09:04 AM   #147
Believe51

Location: RHODE ISLAND (Ed getting me a latte on 2nd Cancerversary Cruise 2008) 'BELIEVE': To accept as true or real, To have faith in, To presume ALWAYS BELIEVE
Talking Glad That You Did

I am a woman of many hats (of course not "hard hats"-LOL)! I am a chef by true nature and have degrees in Culinary & Pastry Arts. I did have a catering business in town for a while but I had to retire after a big car accident. For a while I was working as a Night Auditor at a large hotel in a third shift position, I have been a night owl since birth!! I have worked on an Oncology floor at a local hospital for 5 years while I was in school to get an Occupational Therapist/Massage Therapist degree, that too had to be put on hold because of the accident. Right now I am a Circulation Office Manager for our local newspaper and I love it. And for the last 6 years I have been a Certified Beauty Advisor for Avon full time, doing facials and such on the side. But my favorite job besides working in a kitchen was working with special needs children and adults, which I still can incooperate into my days as we have many special needs carriers employed with us. As a matter of fact, nothing brings more joy to me than to hear them call my name since many do not even talk during their days with the caregivers. When hubby gets back on the right track I plan on starting another business. A coffee house that we can cater out of, a good friend of mine will be my partner.

My dearest husband is a talent man who has a family history of art and creativity, his great/great/great grandfather made the 'Doors of Florence' or better known as the 'Gates of Paradise' according to Michaelangelo. He worked in construction, finish carpentry, and dabbled in electricity. Our hobbies included motorcycling in the past and selling the bike burned with pain since it was a physical reminder of what the cancer was stealing from us. Cancer shall steal from us no more. Ed loves cars and took great pride in his ride. We had a collectors 1998 Cadillac El Dorado ETC that he bought for me and like the 'Gift of the Magi' I gave it up to finance his treatments. His hobbies include playing the guitar which he has stopped because treatment has left his hands numb. We listen to old albums and get all sentimental. Music has always been a large part of who he is. We have two keyboards but I stink!! LOL. Cannot wait to hear noise in my house again!!

I have a son named Jason who has a 3 1/2 year old daughter, Tia. Ed has never been married before and has no children, only his step son and boy what a great father Ed has been. Seeing him with our Tia makes me smile from the inside out. He tells me all the time that he was waiting for me to come into his life and EVERY day he mentions that I have given him the best years of his life. Ditto My Love. We have been together for 15 years and married 12 years on October 21, 2007. There has never been a day during my love for him that I wished I was somewhere else, even now. Especially now, I am so honored to be the women he is sick with for I know what damage I can do. Besides Girls, God sent him to me and it was all meant to be. September 7, 2007 will be his one year cancerversary and I treasure every day of it and always have.

The best part of my life is being his wife, a mother and now a grandmother. We spend much time with family and friends, and my mom has been over every night since his dx.

Things I cannot live without, this site and the family members on it!! We love you all!! Great post!!>>Believe51
9/7/06Husband 50yrs=StageIV IBC/HER2+,BoneMets10/06TaxotereX10,'H'1X wk,Zometa,Tamoxifen4/12/07Last Tax5/18/07Pet=Rapid Cell Activity,No Organ Mets,Lytic Lesions,Degeneration,Some Bone Repair5/07ChemoFail6/01/07Pleural Thoracentisis=Effusions,NoMalignantCells6/19/07+7/2/07DFCI
6/25/07BrainMRI=BrainMets,Many<9mm7/10/07WBR/PelvisRad37.5Gx15&Nutritionist8/19/07T/X9/20/07BrainMRI=2<2mm10/6/07Pet=BoneProgression
10/24/07ChemoFail11/9/07A/Cx10,EndTam12/7/07Faslodex12/10/07Muga7512/13/07BlasticLesions1/7/08BrainMRI=Clear4/1/08Pet=BoneImprovement,
NoProgression,Stable4/7/08BrainPerfect5/16/08Last A/C8/26/08BrainMets=10(<9mm)9/10/08Gamma10/30/08Met=5mm12/19/08Gamma5mets5
12/22/08SpinalMets1/14/09SpinalRads2/17/09BrainMRI=NoNewMets4/20/09BoneScan5/14/09Ixempra6/1/09BrainMRI=NumerousMets6/24/09DFCIw/DrBurstein6/26/09Continue
Ixempra/Faslodex/Zometa~TM now lower7/17/09Stop Ixempra By Choice9/21/09HOSPICE10/16/09Earned His Deserved Wings And Halo=37 Month Fight w/Stage 4 IBC, Her2+++,My Hero!!
Believe51 is offline   Reply With Quote