View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 11:11 PM   #1
lilyecuadorian

Did the dog know first?

The question is this - Has anyone had an expierence where their dog followed them around before being diagnosed with cancer?

Perhaps a breif explanation is in order.

Shortly after the birth of my son, Max, our dog followed me every where I went. During this time Bandit would sit at my feet when ever I sat down and would, when he wasn't sleeping, sniff my legs. He wouldn't let me out of his sight. This included, oddly enough, not taking more than a few moments outside, not letting me take a shower in peace, and when I went to sleep, he either had his head on my legs (while sitting on the floor) or would glare at me. If anyone came near me while I was sleeping he would growl at them. My husband had mentioned that we needed to watch the dog carefully becuase of an incident he had with Bandint in the morning trying to give me a good-bye kiss before heading to work. He was concerned that the dog was losing it's mind. After chemo begin Bandit relaxed.

At any rate, just wondering if anyone else had this 'thing' happen to them. I mention it becuase 20/20 had a report on it last week.
her2+++ and ER+PR+ from32 nodes 4 positives
mastectomy right breast chemo before surgery herceptin/carboplatin/taxotere ,clear and surgery have radiation 20, `& then herceptin and tamoxifen
NED until Aug/07 body only then 'n June 04-06-07 .1 lesion of 1.6 cm on cerebellum ...novalis ,open sugery
5m.m brain met again novalis, 4mm.In the liver. Waiting 2 months now 3 tumors enroll on T-MCC trial start first infusion Nov 5/07 at Dec 17 scan show one tumor despair the 2nd and 3th diminish Doc said great results until March/08 ct scan show progression
03-05-08 start tykerb & xeloda
lilyecuadorian is offline   Reply With Quote