View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 09:42 AM   #13
Debra

Feeling "not so alone" anymore

Well I will tell you that the herceptin most likely caused my weight gain. I have never had a problem with weight all my life. I am now 42 and was diagnosed at 40. I gained just over 20 pounds while on herceptin. I managed to lose about 6 and then started the arimidex and gained that back.
Debbie from NC, yes, the hotflashes feel like pins sticking into my skin! Especially when I exercise and sweat even more!

I don't want to complain about the meds either as I am thankful to have them available. I have handled this whole bc thing quite well and have been very strong and positive since diagnosis in Nov. of 05 but now I am starting to get more frustrated with the weight gain and bone pain to the point I think I am a little depressed which I have never had a problem with in the past.
I just wish there was an answer. I believe I may talk with my doc about switching to femara.

Pat---I hear ya with your concern about going off it for awhile. My oncologist suggested that at one point but that really scares me!
If I took a little vacation from it and then this beast came back, I would have so much regret.

I will tell you what helps is the fact that I know I AM NOT ALONE with this whole issue!

There are so many people around me that mention, "oh this is all behind you now and your almost on your 2-year mark" and your looking great."
They just don't understand about the physical changes we experience with the meds and post treatment.
I am glad to have all you HER2 members for the understanding!!

Diag. 11/05 at age 40 triple positive
3.8 cm tumor and 9 mm tumor
Stage IIb/SN positive(no other nodes)Grade 3
Bilat. mastect. 12/05 (Rt.prophylactic) followed with AC/taxol/Herceptin/tamoxifen then switched to arimidex after hysterectomy in 12/06. August 07 switched to Aromasin due to severe jt. pain from Arimidex. Nov. 2011 No more meds and NED!
Debra is offline   Reply With Quote