View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 05:10 PM   #1
Chelee

Unhappy Having a difficult time...

As some of you *might* know...my Mother was DX not to long after my bc DX with advanced lung cancer. Stage IV. She was a trooper and had several different drugs used to fight her cancer. I was so proud of her on how hard she fought this. She was 77 years old and she amazed me. But we just had to place her in hospice two days ago...she wasn't doing well. I went down there late last night and spent time with her. I'm so thankful I did because I just got a call today that my Mother has passed away.

The un-believable grief I feel right now is unbearable. My Mother was everything to me...we were so close. Not just my Mother but my best friend. I can't imagine life without her. Did I mentioned how much I hate this darned disease! How I pray for a cure. I'm having a hard time typing through the tears. Just sharing with people I feel safe with.

Feeling lost & so alone.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote