View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 02:04 PM   #9
kat in the delta

Location: MS Delta in Clarksdale="Home of the Blues" (near Memphis,TN)by Misssissippi River/levee's highest pt.
Unhappy Kat in the Delta

What exactly is the MUGA ? I had a heart test done where they injected dye and then ran a machine over me for about 20 min...it was scanning my heart... Is that it ?? I told my Onc. that I read where Her2+ patients getting Herceptin were having a MUGA done every 3 mos., but he only ordered 1 before and I think I only had 1 or 2 of these HEART scans.... during 1 yr + 2 months of herceptin....
I recently asked the Sec. for a copy of some of my tests..
and I just saw my LAST heart score was in the 40's . I did not know this at that time -about one yr..ago. the Onc. kept giving me my final 3 or so... herceptins full strength...altho' I asked him to scan me because at least I knew he had not ordered a heart scan for a while but was still giving me the Herceptin.
When I would ask him.... He'd refused, and said I did NOT need another scan.and he told me my last scan was Good...He added that I would be fine and "stop worrying"..which he gives as an answer to all my ?'s
Please someone... Explain the Muga and the Scores...
My blood pressure is always high now even with BP meds....
I feel out of breath if I do too much, my circulation is poor..I have brown patches on my swollen ankles eventho I am very thin.and now on 2 diurectics, and I have a knawing ache all over..but Onc says he cannot give me even 1 pain pill as Tumor Markers show..no cancer ---......almost forgot to say...
my memory or chemo-brain which hasn't improved .....may be really--my poor circulation.!!!
I feel like I am ADD/ALHEIMERS....
ANYONE WILLING TO COMMENT....????
My 4 men think I am NUTS.and LOOK at me with disgusting looks....... which makes my whole situation worse.--.they will not lift a finger.
My house is in chaos. from them movin from college and apts......
I think my mind and body are in Shut-down mode ... takes me too long..to do things and get out of the house... I have almost given up..
kat in the delta

Last edited by kat in the delta; 08-11-2007 at 02:34 PM.. Reason: left out
kat in the delta is offline   Reply With Quote