View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 06:31 AM   #12
KellyA

I so appreciate everyone's responses and thoughts on this. It's funny, but I am still always so amazed at how deeply breast cancer affects one's life, even in situations that seem unrelated. I feel sometimes as if I have been robbed on the deepest level.

The job that I am thinking about would have no bearing on my insurance, or on pre-existing conditions, as we are very lucky to have a great policy with my hubby. It's funny because some of you mentioned "testing fate" and although I've never been a superstitious person, I find that I feel that way often. I worry that if I stop doing this, or don't do that, that "it" may come back. I worry that if I change this or do that, "it" may come back. Last year when things were going very well for us, prior to being dx'd, we broke down and splurged, and bought a nice car- 2 weeks later I got dx'd and was just sick about doing that. I walk around on a daily basis feeling like a ticking time bomb and to make things worse, feel like many people are looking at me the same way. It's so overwhelming at times that I just want to take the easy way out and sit home and wait it out. Sometimes I wish for the two or three year time frame to go by very quickly, so that I can feel a little more comfortable (never safe, of course). Then I remind myself that any time I have now my be my only time and not to wish it away.....

I was always a very structured, controlled person. Actually a would even say a go-getter (except for laundry and household chores :-) ), and now I don't even know who I am. I feel lazy, unambitious, and weak. For someone who has always had control issues ( I grew up and lived with an eating disorder for 20 years), I am the WORST person to handle something like this. It has definitely been a rediscovery of who I am and I've had to take a long look at myself, that's for sure. Some days I am so pissed off that I feel like I could take the world by storm. Other days I just want to crawl in a dark corner and hide. Some days I am so happy for what I have and so grateful to be alive, that's all that matters.

One things that I always know and that NEVER changes, is how grateful I am to have found this site and found all of you. Thank you.

Love, Kelly
Stage 2b, 2 tumors- 2.2 cm and 0.6 cm, 3/5 + nodes
all scans clear
genetic testing- negative
06/06 began dd A/C x 4, 12 weekly Taxols w/ Herceptin
30 rads
Herceptin weekly x 1 year
Herceptin completed 08/07
Port removed 12/26/07 MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
05/17/08 Two year anniversary NED

"We gain strength, courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... you must do the thing that you think you cannot do."

-Eleanor Roosevelt

KellyA is offline   Reply With Quote