View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 12:06 PM   #5
Stephanie

Thanks for the responses, ladies.

My mom just had a muga a few weeks ago. Although her numbers had dropped, it was still 64. Her PET/CT shows a slight increase in her pleural effusion, but she's not coughing like she does when the effusion is a problem. Her bloodwork gets checked every week and is always fine.

Since the symptoms came on very suddenly, within a few days of starting Tykerb, I feel they must be Tykerb related. We haven't talked to our onc yet--my mom wants to wait a few more day to see if things settle out.

I say "our onc" b/c unfortunately I was diagnosed with breast cancer in June (at age 38). Ironically, it's HER neg, after all these years of following this board for my mom. Anyhow, I'm starting chemo the week after next, and I'm so afraid of having us both out of commission (I have young children).

Anyhow, sorry to digress. I have another question that I'll start as a separate post, but also ask here. My mom's onc has her on Tykerb continuously, with no break between cycles. We understand that the regular dosing is 3 weeks on, 1 week off. My mom wanted me to ask what kind of Tykerb cycle all of you are on?
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote