View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 05:21 AM   #8
Shad

I have had a similar journey with concern about dropping MUGA scores during chemo and Herceptin therapy (58%, 51%, 51% ---- 62% after Herceptin completed). I am under the impression that as long as we stay above the lower limits of normal (I think above 45 or 50%) that our physicians are likely going to continue chemo and/or Herceptin therapy. We, who are under the pressures of this whole ordeal, tend to cling and even obscess over the fluctuations in the MUGA scores, concerned that the potential cardiotoxicity of chemo (Adria) and Herceptin are going to make our journey even harder. I wonder if, as long as our scores are in the normal range, we should "relax" ha ha and concentrate on positive thinking of healing.
I, too, as a result of postings from this group (thank you) started taking Co-Q and fish oil, and found exercise to be very helpful in my well being.
Shad
4 rounds of A/C, 1 year of Herceptin.
1/07 Started on Femara - severe lethargy
4/07 Switiched to Arimidex - doing OK
5/07 DIEP free flap reconstruction with tummy tuck!
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote