View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 09:42 PM   #8
Melinda

#3 was my "magical" number

I wanted to let you know that I went thru this as well. Everyone goes thru differently ... I had the worst round at #3 so you can imagine how I dreaded 4,5,6 but they did get better and did not hit as hard as #3. The effects are cumulative and by the time you get to 3 or 4 you have maxed out. My most disappointing round was #4 not realizing that my platelets would drop they postponed my treatment for 3 days and I was mortified because I wanted this all to end last ASAP! The boys (platelets) played their games and I was postponed 5 days the next time but they did a great job in bouncing back to acceptable levels each time
I used PreventaDent5000 by Colgate and thank goodness it worked cause I hated the taste of the Biotene. Steroids were my biggest issue.... lack of sleep and as like you used Ativan to my advantage. I bought stock in Imodium. ANd eating was a PIA because I wanted everything that would cause me to gain weight... 17 pounds! Nothing tated good but fattening foods of course! Looking back it was a doable treatment and I know you can get thru this just like the rest of us. Herceptin seems even easier now... I dont even get the crusties like I did when I was taking it with the chemo. Yeah... the brows and lashes disappeared overnight AFTER I stopped the chemo, but are slowly growing back , might be better if they were not white or maybe light gray right now, I'd see them better. As I have mentioned in another post I have a tennis ball head right about now and no its not the neon yellow color!l
Just remember we are all here for you, wheether its to vent or questions...
Keep the faith
Melinda
Mammosite radiation completed 2/10
Stage1/Grade 1
clear Margins /Nodes Neg
ER+
IHC +2 Fish +
ONCO 23
Started TCH on 3/2 for 6 rounds of TC once every three weels and a year of Herceptin every 3 weeks -
Finished everything and now on Aromasin
Melinda is offline   Reply With Quote