View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 01:42 PM   #20
naturaleigh

My 2 cents

When I was first diagnosed, my surgeon and Onc. said one good thing about this is you can be Dolly Parton if you want. I told them I was already Dolly Parton and I did not want to be her anymore. People always said I was blessed, but I could never find where the blessings were.

I start my reconstruction on Sept. 13 and I am very excited about it. I did not get any prothesis so I have been walking around for almost 2 years lopsided. It is hard wearing clothes, I wear baggy shirts in hopes to hide my missing breast. I will be getting my good side reduced in hopes to be able to wear cute clothes and blouses. I have never been able to in the past because of my size, when I would find a cute shirt or blouse, I was nothing but boobs or the blouse would gap open.

I also decided on reconstruction because of lymphedemia. I have to wear the arm and hand piece everyday and I did not want to have to worry about putting in a prothesis everyday as well. I started out with a foam prothesis and was constentantly having to push it down because it was always riding up. I got mad at it one day and threw it away. I figured having reconstruction would be a way for me to see my "used to be" normal self again.

Anita

er, pr-, Her2+++
Stage 2b, grade 3
negative nodes
4 rounds AC
3 months of weekly taxol
1 yr of Herceptin
Finish Herceptin May 2007
35 rounds of Radiation
Reconstruction completed Dec 2007
Implant replaced due to infection Mar 2008
4 Years NED!!!