View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 04:34 PM   #3
Mary Jo

I, like Lolly, was just so happy to have had surgery over with. Chemo started 4 weeks after surgery and then it was on to radiation. When radiation was finished they found a suspicious area in my other breast and that turned out to be benign BUT at that time decided to have that breast removed as well. Even with only 1 breast I wasn't planning on reconstruction but with having both gone and now feeling even, definitely knew it wasn't something I wanted to do. That being said, knowing all treatment was over with there was no way I wanted to walk down another road. I was very content with being breastless and NED.

Also, like Lolly, I've heard conflicting things about reconstruction. Some are thoroughly pleased but about as many have had lots of problems and have regretted walking the reconstruction highway.

So, in all honesty, me personally have never regretted not having reconstruction. My prosthesis "work" just fine and if I opt out of wearing them, I'm ok with that too.

It is a very personal decision and only one you can make for all the reasons that matter to you. Good luck in your decision process and hopefully we on this board can help make the decision easier for you.

May God's Peace surround you today,

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06