View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 06:29 AM   #9
Joy

thinking of you

I really appreciate your post Nicola. I thought it was so expressive in a very clear way and I can FEEL what you were saying-what a gift you have-especially after chemo brain and WBR-you must have a SUPERBRAIN!

Please take the words of the others seriously as they have so much wisdom and there are success stories.

Also, and I may have missed something becaue I know I don't have a superbrain, but you didn't mention Xeloda, did you? Either Xeloda and herceptin or Xeloda and the Tykerb again may help so much because there is evidence that both cross the BBB and xeloda has great activity in the liver for many, of course not all, but I just thought it might be a dialogue for you to have with the onc. I hope your visit today provides you with peace and strategy.

AND be sure to pamper yourself in your favorite ways, it will help bring some calm to you.

So much love to you!

dx stage I 2/2000*er/pr+; her- per IHC*lumpectomy*4 rounds A/C*30 rads*tamoxifen*dx stage 4 5/2002*huge mets to liver*tiny mets to lungs*stopped tamoxifen*5/02 taxotere/xeloda*her 2 checked with FiSH-her2+++herceptin *2/03 stopped chemo femara w/herceptin*zolodex*04 switched to aromasin w/herceptin*05 high estrogen tx*11/05taxol/carbo*7/06 stopped chemo; megace/herceptin*9/06navelbine/herceptin*5/07tykerb/xeloda great response*4/08 progression in liver; ooph/ faslodex /herceptin
6/08 began Herceptin DM-1
9/08 progression
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote