View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 02:00 PM   #16
Grace

Jean--I had an MRI just a few weeks ago, worried about brain mets. I didn't have headache, however, but dizziness and nausea. The results were negative and I was so relieved. I put off telling my oncologist or anyone of my symptoms for a while, as I was afraid the test would come back positive, but finally told my oncologist and he ordered the MRI. The weeks of anxiety I went through thinking it was mets was far worse than the anxiety of waiting for test result.

I found the MRI very easy to do, except the contrast part. Because I was in the machine when they had to access vein, I couldn't direct them and at first they went for a vein that never works, with lots of pain and bruising. So if you decide to get one, make sure they understand before they start which veins are acceptable and which aren't. Other than that it was a very easy test compared to some others I've had.

I suspect most of us get headaches for a few days or so, for whatever reason, and in the past we would have ignored them. I did tell my oncologist that I was embarrassed he'd think I was a hypochrondriac. I liked his response: "Before cancer you would have been; after cancer it's not possible. Always be concerned about symptoms."