View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 09:02 PM   #8
lu ann

While looking for the cause of the numbness and tinging in my left hand I was ordered an MRI of my media plexis and my cervical spine. A small tumor showed up in my cerebelum. A whole brain MRI was ordered in June and found the previously dx skull met from last Fall surrounding my optic nerve. I was in the Emergency Room June 24th with double vision. I started WBR the next day.

It's wild how things that have no real connection can lead us to a diagnosis of another problem. If I hadn't of told my husband about the numbness and he hadn't of told my doctor, she wouldn't have known to look furthur. I have the tendency of sucking up symtoms and my husband tells on me everytime. My mastectomy scarline turned pink a couple years before I was dx. with mets. I had my suspisions but blew things off. I had been in and out of the Hospital with biopsies, kidney stones, surgeries etc. etc. and I didn't want to do it any more. Sticking my head in the sand did not make it go away. I don't know if an earlier diagnosis would have made any difference, but we all need to read our bodies and be pro-active in our care.

God is taking good care of me, though I wish He would give me His Devine healing, but for His reason, He is going to let me keep walking around that mountain in the desert until I get what He is trying to tell me..

They say if you have a symtom for 2 weeks you should let the doc. know. Otherwise you will drive yourself crazy with every ache and pain.

Brain mets was my worst nightmare but I got through it. It was rough, but doable.

I wish you God's Blessings and NED when you have your tests.
Lu Ann
lu ann is offline   Reply With Quote